FANCY A NEW CHALLENGE IN 2018? SEE BELOW FOR OUR MOST PRESSING ‘VACANCIES’
We need volunteers of all kinds to help put our fantastic plays on stage.
If you’d like a new challenge, to get out more, make new friends, learn new skills or pass on your own skills and knowledge, we’d love to hear from you. Volunteering for us can also give you that warm fuzzy feeling of helping to support your local community through our annual charitable donations.
Maybe you’d like to turn your hand to backstage tasks like sound*, building and painting sets, lighting, finding props or perhaps you’re more of a people person and could help Front of House welcoming audiences, on box office or the bar.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Phil on 0161 366 8343 to find out more
* SOUND: Using clever sound can really make a play come alive. It can transport an audience to a beach in the Caribbean, or to the First World War. It can make them feel happy or sad, warm or cold and along with lighting helps to set the atmosphere for every scene.
We have an immediate opportunity for a volunteer to be involved in the creative process of producing a play. You will receive training and support from the outset and will be part of a wonderful team of people dedicated to putting on the best show possible.
• Initial meeting with director to agree sounds and music required
• Sourcing sound and music using an existing catalogue and online resources
• Creating a sound board
• Attending rehearsals as required (usually 2-3 weeks before curtain up)
• Running the sound through technical rehearsal, dress rehearsals and run of the play